At Tejas Health Care we are committed to the health and well-being of our patients and staff. We are closely following the recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control, the Texas Department of State Health Services and the World Health Organization with regard to Coronavirus (COVID-19).
All Tejas Health Care locations will remain open so that our patients can have continued access to the important therapies they require. We will continue to ensure a safe, superior experience for all our patients and employees.
We would like to share with you what is occurring at all Tejas Health Care locations to ensure your safety.
What Always Occurs:
- Daily cleaning and sterilization of our patient spaces with CDC-approved isopropanol and ammonium chloride.
- Single use items like gloves, gauze, gowns, cotton, and cotton tipped applicators are disposed of after each patient in properly designated bins.
- Disinfect all instruments in a multi-step process including anti-microbial washing, ultrasonic sterilization and autoclave sterilization using extreme heat and pressure.
- Change exam chair paper and wipe down patient and visitor chairs between each patient within exam rooms using CDC-approved disinfectants.
- Require each employee to cleanse their hands appropriately before and after each patient visit.
Additional Measures We Are Taking:
- Ensuring that all staff who experience symptoms have easy and rapid access to COVID-19 testing and the resources to self-quarantine if necessary.
- Encouraging our patients to stay home if they feel sick. (We are happy to reschedule appointments and to discuss treatment options if you are currently undergoing therapies.)
- Wiping down common areas, including waiting room door handles, chairs and items with CDC-approved disinfectant multiple times a day.
- Providing 60% or higher alcohol-based hand sanitizer in common areas for staff and patients use.
- Requesting all patients and visitors wear a mask while in our facilities.
- We may conduct a screening questionnaire, and based on the results we may conduct your appointment in our pop-up tent on the side of our clinic.
Please feel free to contact us through phone, text, email or online chat with questions or concerns.